The crabs they sell contain the sweetest meat and are all caught & cooked fresh on the day. They come dressed or undressed and are very fairly priced.
Also in Bawtry are many restaurants, a few of whom serve crab dishes on their menu. However, non of them serve fresh crab, only tinned or frozen. Now these restaurants, aren’t cheap, and when pressed, they explain that it would ‘cost them too much’ to buy fresh crab.
Why This is a Fatal Mistake
If I go to one of these restaurants and pay good money for tinned crab, a few things happen:
- At best I can only be ‘satisfied’ with the meal. I ordered crab. I got crab.
- I feel conned because the price of the food and decor of the restaurant imply that it will be fresh.
- I will not tell anybody about the meal.
- I will not return to the restaurant.
The Benefits of Serving Fresh Crab
If these restaurants were to sell fresh crab from Zuvus, here’s what happens:
- The restaurant becomes better than the competition.
- I am blown away by the quality of the food.
- The restaurant can spend less on all the garnishing because the crab is good enough on it’s own.
- I tell everybody about the food I ate.
- I return to the restaurant again and again.
- Zuvus actively promote the restaurant to all of their customers.
A Crabby Conclusion
By raising the quality of what they serve, they increase word of mouth marketing and encourage their existing customers to spend more, more often. This is far cheaper than spending a fortune on advertising to continually get new customers through the door (who won’t return).
Of course it’s more expensive for a restaurant to buy fresh crab, but it’s much more costly in the long run for them to serve tinned.