The problem with washing pots, is that you focus on the task you have to do. You focus on cleaning the crap off the plates. This is wrong.
Instead of thinking about the crap on the plates, you just need to think about two things instead:
- Being grateful for the wonderful meal these pots have served you.
- And preparing the pots ready for the next wonderful meal you are going to have.
This small change in thought will transform the way you approach washing pots.
If you apply this to business:
- Don’t focus on the hard work of producing a great proposal, focus on the project it’s going to bring you.
- Don’t focus on the grief you feel when someone complains, focus on how this insight is going to improve your business.
- Don’t focus the fact that this customer is only worth £1,000 to your business, treat them like a £10,000 customer instead and the larger client’s will come.
Only focus on the positive outcome. Surely it’s worth a try.
And remember, always hot soapy water and rinse the pots well.
4-6 Saddlers House, South Parade, Bawtry Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN10 6JH UK
firstname.lastname@example.org • 01302 283028