High quality links, or Theme-Related Links are links to your website which meet the following criteria:
- The linking website is well ranked (3 or above on Google Rankings)
- The overall content on the linking website relates in someway to your website
- The link appears in the main body of the text
- There is more than 300 words on the linking in page
- The text in which you link appears is all relevant to your website’s content
- The link is in bold and contains your key phrase in the text itself and in the Alt Tag.
- The link is a positive link (we don’t really want any negative comments)
Unfortunately, despite what link building companies might promise you, there is no shortcut to generating these high quality links.
Generate Your Own Theme Related Links
Instead of going for quantity, you should aim to get a small number of high quality links each month. Here’s how we do it:
- Produce high quality content which people will want to share, comment on and write about.
- Get a guest blog spot on a well ranked, related website and submit your content to them regularly.
- Use Social Media & Bookmarking tools to spread your content and get more people to read about it.
- Ask friends, suppliers and clients if you could write a Case Study, Testimonial or article for their website.
- Get involved on related forums where you can openly and honestly promote your website
- Get the local or national press to write an article about you
- Be controversial in what you write to get more interest
- Be super helpful and give free information away as people will be more likely to distribute your content
- Add this task into your Social Media Diary and make sure you do it each week/month
So although there are no shortcuts for you, there are also no shortcuts for your competitors; it’s a level playing field. So as long as you are doing something, you should be able to get ahead.
Good luck and if you come across any other great ideas, please share them below.