There is only really one way to market your business. There’s only ever been one. And that’s through Word of Mouth Marketing.
It’s what you used when you set-up your business and it helped you to attract some of your best customers by spending nothing.
So if this worked for you then, why aren’t you encouraging more of that now?
The Basic Components of Word of Mouth Marketing
Word of Mouth Marketing has two main components:
- Having something worth talking about
- The tools, systems & procedures to encourage more talking
Something Worth Talking About – Being Remarkable.
If you don’t have anything worth talking (remarking) about, then Word of Mouth Marketing – the most effective form of marketing in the World – will not work for you.
Providing a great service for the right price, on time to to the expected standards is……….not enough! That should be the basic standard you work to. Just because your competitors don’t, doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t.
In order to have something worth ‘remarking’ about, you need to be ‘remarkable’. Remarkable is everything above the ‘standard’ you’ve just set yourself.
You need to have the systems in place not only to maintain these remarkable standards but actually to continually improving them. You need to be constantly becoming more and more remarkable.
If you need further convincing or just want some great ideas then get:
Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable on Audiobook. It’s awesome.
The Tools, Systems & Procedures
Good intentions won’t be enough to make this work. You will need the tools, systems and procedures to make this work.
The best way to explain this is with an example.
Let’s say you clean carpets and your company does a superb job. So on top of that job you decide to put a bunch of flowers and a plugin air freshener in the room (something worth talking about aka being remarkable).
You then ask the client if they’ll pose for a picture with them for a chance to win a Free Carpet Re-Clean in six months time (this becomes part of your systems and procedures to ensure that it happens EVERY time).
You then add that picture to your website and onto your Facebook page (the tools) to encourage more people to talk (remark) about it.
7 Steps to Becoming More Remarkable
- Get Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable on Audiobook.
- Set your Benchmark your high standards, outlining exactly what you do and why you do them to, and publish them on your website.
- Put the systems and procedures in place to ensure this Benchmark is met EVERY time.
- Do more remarkable things ie things above and beyond your Benchmark.
- Get a great website (preferably WordPress), Facebook Page, Twitter Account, Mailchimp Newlsetter & YouTube Channel.
- Shout about ALL the great things you do, everywhere you can.
- Repeat steps 4 & 6 FOREVER MORE.
Need The Tools?
Then we can help. Check out our Key Services or call us on 01302 283 038.